Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quest: Looking for a new family dog

Posted by ♡ N o r e e n at Thursday, October 15, 2009
As some of you may know, we had a family dog named ZEUS.
He is a Chocolate Labrador Retriever.






We got him while he was still a puppy. Loved him. Unfortunately, he became aggressive. The kids did not even want to go near him or play with him anymore. So after a year and a half of having him, we sadly needed to let him go. For the safety of my kids and the neighbors' kids. We miss him dearly.

Now, I am in search of a new family pet to love and cherish! Jay and I decided not to get a big dog anymore (we couldn't even control Zeus anymore when he got so big!).

I am not much of a toy dog person but I think it'll be easier for us to take care of a small dog. With all the moving and traveling we do, it has been so difficult bringing Zeus with us through all our journeys. I think a smaller dog will be more travel-friendly.

Our new house also has a smaller backyard so a big dog will not have enough space to run around and play.

I hope I find a new puppy before the month ends. Before it starts getting colder. It'll be hard to housebreak a puppy when they don't want to go outside to pee/poop because of the cold.

Also, I don't want to spend too much money on a puppy. My price range is $100-$300 only and that's gonna be difficult because I know how expensive it is to buy a puppy :(

Wish me luck!

10 comments:

mr.nightcrawler on October 15, 2009 at 11:46 AM said...

hey... have you found a dog yet. i would suggest a daschund. it's the sweetest thing. i had him for two years until it died from unknown cause. masarap kasama, very affectionate, makulit nga lang kasi its a hunting dog but ur kids are going to love it. ayos :P

Meryl (proud pinay) on October 15, 2009 at 8:42 PM said...

hope makahanap ka na ng kapalit nya...mas maganda talagang may pinaglalaruan ang mga bata.
by the way, musta na ang daughter mo? hope she's ok now.

analou on October 16, 2009 at 12:57 PM said...

I am sorry to hear about your dog. We got Bones (our dog) at the pound when he was 2 months old. He is a good dog and pretty huge too. He occupied the backseats of our car whenever we go somewhere. Hope you can find a puppy that will grow up to be a loving dog. I like big dog Nor. In fact we are planning to get a great dane someday.

Thanks for your comment. Wala talagang modo itong mga taong magnanakaw. Our situation is different but if you sum it up mga magnanakaw din ang labas...hayyyyyy...Ingat there my friend and have a nice day.

Beng Gee on October 16, 2009 at 6:23 PM said...

Hi Noreen! To have a pet dog is really good for the kids. Sad lang that your Zeus was aggressive.
Our present dog is a Shih tzu. Sobrang smart and affectionate. Mahirap lang i-maintain ang long coat nya unlike our previous one which was a pomeranian, much lesser ang maintenance. I hope you can find the right dog for you.

Have a great weekend! - Tita Beng

darly on October 17, 2009 at 1:56 AM said...

hi noreen, thanks for visiting my page.

i love dogs too, i have 2 back home (a poodle and a dauschund) both are gentle and very malambing- too bad i can't bring them here in UAE, very expensive kasi ang transfer.

normally labradors are gentle and a great family dog- i wonder what happened to zeus.

will watch out for your post/news when you find a new one. and adding your link to mine too, hope you'd add me toi.

till next week's mm.

Beng Gee on October 17, 2009 at 6:30 AM said...

I'm Back! I have a tag for you, Noreen!
http://beng-gee.blogspot.com/2009/10/sisters-week-tag.html

dodong flores on October 18, 2009 at 1:24 AM said...

Labrador is known to be a gentle dog and perfect as a family dog. Maybe Zeus is only having an exceptional behavior not typical in a labrador...

Dhemz on October 18, 2009 at 2:59 AM said...

oh my...sad to know about Zeus....well it is for the sake of your kiddos naman.....good idea to let him go....

good luck sis.....hope makahanap ka ng mura...mahal naman 300...hehehehe....we have our dog 4 years ago...he came from a dog shelter...200 lang yung bayad...depende din kasi sa breed ng dog sis....

good luck pala sa midterm....honga sa wakas nahahinga na ako ng malalim...tapos na midterm namin....eheheh!

kathy on October 20, 2009 at 4:09 PM said...

Sorry to hear about your lab. But you know, our kids safety comes first. We have a white toy poodle named kandi and she is awesome with kids. My daughter loves playing with her and my infant even loves pulling her hair... LOl.. good thing kandi just walks away everytime my little fifi pulls her hair...

We bought our toy poodle for 350 bucks but I don't know how much they would cost in your area...

Thanks for the visit girl...

dhemz on October 21, 2009 at 8:22 PM said...

hello mami dearest...oh my...good job...glad to know...last na english mo to...waaaaaa...galing!

malapit kana matapos sis? buti kapa tapos muna yung mga english subj's mo.....ako dami ko pa bigas kakainin eh.

Post a Comment

 

MOMMY♥LUVS Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez