Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Little Birthday Story...

Posted by ♡ N o r e e n at Sunday, November 29, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Gosh am I really 32?
Secret lang natin yan kasi feeling ko 26 lang ako nyahahhahaa

All I really wish for on my birthday is that I stay healthy for a long, long time so I can watch my kids grow up.

Why do I say that? Here's the story...

2 years ago (when Nica was only 3 months old), I almost died. I was rushed to the ER...and went straight to triage. The staff frantically tried to figure out what was wrong with me.

I was barely coherent and I felt like I was floating over my own body..but while the doctors and nurses were working on me, all I could think about were my kids. How are they gonna survive without me? They are so dependent on me, especially Joshua. What about Nica, will she even remember me? She was only 3 months old then.

I really thought I wasn't going to make it and with my last breath (or so I thought!) I asked Jay to make sure the kids will always be okay.

I closed my eyes and I heard Jay saying na I should fight daw...that I was going to survive. I doubted that I was going to make it...but I did!

With God's grace, I did survive. Now I'm still here celebrating my birthday with a family that I love and good friends that I treasure.

Thanks for the most awesome 32 years of my life!!!

*To those who are asking, I actually had a severe kidney infection which led to sepsis (blood poisoning). Most people who gets it actually dies. I'm just glad I survived...*


28 comments:

Bambie dear ★ on November 29, 2009 at 12:07 AM said...

happy birthday twin.. parang alam ko yang story mo na yan.. anyway, lets just (always) celebrate life.. happy birthday mwah!

kala ko 24 ka palang lol hehe

Dhemz on November 29, 2009 at 1:35 AM said...

happy happy happy birthday sis...wish you all the best...:) am sure na sa iyo na lahat....:)

oh my....kakatakot naman tong story mo...thanks for sharing and glad to know.....

God is really good talaga....cheers to you...nako, para ka pang nasa 20's eh....:) d halata na may 3 kids kana.....:) bongga mo kaya...ehehhe!

happy happy birthday again!

chubskulit on November 29, 2009 at 3:13 AM said...

happy bday sis, may God bless you with good health and lifetime happiness!

chubskulit on November 29, 2009 at 3:14 AM said...

so what was wrong?

Mrs. Kolca on November 29, 2009 at 8:01 AM said...

God is good sis. Happy happy birthday to you!

Btw, with that beautiful aura, I can't believe you are 32! :D

Mrs. Kolca on November 29, 2009 at 8:06 AM said...

Di pa pala kita napa-follow sis, so kaka-follow ko lang sayo. Sana ma-follow mo den blog ko. Thanks in advance.. hehe.. ^^

Beng Gee on November 29, 2009 at 8:50 AM said...

It only means.. may mission ka pa sa buhay, Noreen! Happy 32nd Birthday! You don't look your age though..as everyone is attesting here. Cheers!

[ k r y k ] on November 29, 2009 at 9:31 AM said...

happy birthday po! :D
ate you don't look 32, really.
i thought you're in just late 20's.

wish you good luck and good health! Ü

David Funk on November 29, 2009 at 9:37 AM said...

Hi! I noticed on Jenny's(The Way I Used To Be) that we both have the same birthday today! You don't look 32 at all based on the profile pic!

Take care friend!

Chris on November 29, 2009 at 9:37 AM said...

happy and blessed at 32! :D

happy birthday!

David Funk on November 29, 2009 at 9:40 AM said...

I just added your link to My Blogger Friends list and followed you, too.

Happy Birthday!

Jenny on November 29, 2009 at 10:09 AM said...

Really?wow magkapareho month natin kaya lang nauna lang ako ng kunti..hehehe..

God give your life to cheerish and take care. Thanks ot HIm for giving you more life to spend with with your family and friend.

Have a happy and bless birthday and i hope everything that you're wishing for will come true.

Enjoy your day and take care

Paula on November 29, 2009 at 5:13 PM said...

Wow, what a story! I'm glad you're fine now.Don't worry look no older than 26. Happy Birthday! ^^

Leah on November 29, 2009 at 5:39 PM said...

Happy birthday Noreen! I chanced upon your blog in one of the Filipino bloggers' site. Ang ganda ng blog name mo. Very unique and I guess it's very you. Hmmmmm... bakit ba di ko naisip na gawing unique ang blog name ko. Hahaha!

Where in the US are you based?

Anney on November 29, 2009 at 7:29 PM said...

Happy Happy birthday!God is so good alam nya you need more time to spend with your family and friends. May you have more blessings to come. Yes Ikay ang pronunciation ng Ykaie. She is the daughter of my sister. Kayang kaya mo gawin yung ginawa ko sa bday ni ykaie. hehehe!

Ambot on November 30, 2009 at 1:32 AM said...

Happy birthday sis, wish you all the best in life.

Ano handa natin?

His Unfailing Love on November 30, 2009 at 6:14 AM said...

Yes Noreen, God is good and faithful. He never fails. To be thankful for the birthday is to be thankful for life that God has given. I'm blessed by your story.
Thanks for the visit too. By the way, I added you in my blogs.

http://sarahg26.com
http://mymemoriesandcrystals.blogspot.com

sweetmom on November 30, 2009 at 6:50 AM said...

Happy happy Happy Birthday to you Pretty Noreen
Wish u all the Best and Happiness! God Bless you always :-)

analou on November 30, 2009 at 12:36 PM said...

Belated Happy Birthday Nor. You are indeed a fighter and I am sure your family and friends are so proud of you. I know you can overcome all the circumstances and trials in your life. Just have faith in him and everything will be okay. You may have more birthdays to come and stories to tell us. Take care and have a nice day.

Willa @ SmartMommy on November 30, 2009 at 4:08 PM said...

Happy Birthday!!!

chuwie on November 30, 2009 at 4:17 PM said...

god is really good..

so enjoy life with your loved ones...

but dont forget to thank god for everything..:)

Mommy Liz on November 30, 2009 at 5:25 PM said...

Happy Belated Birthday po! nakita ko lang sa site ni Bambie..Gaganda ng mga pictures mo sa slide show niya ah, hehehe..32 ka lang eh, bata pa yan..wait until you are close to 39 like mw, wahhhhhhh!

Ms Lili on November 30, 2009 at 6:18 PM said...

Hi add kita sa blogroll ko ha? I'm new lang sa ganito. You're so pretty po. I talked to you before eh... Air force din si hubbby ko lol.

jodi on November 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM said...

hello miss maarte, catchy ang name ng blog and url mo. anyway bata ka pa naman sis and i hope you will live 4 times your of age right now..god bless

Crayons n Pencils on November 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM said...

Happy Birthday po, ako nga 34 eh, but i'm proud of it. at least my son's school mate still mistake me for his ate, so it's all good pa ahahah!

Cecile on December 2, 2009 at 12:01 PM said...

wow, I m glad you survived. your kids really needs you.

when i had my son for c sectoion, i almost died, just like yo...but God knows that our kids need us that is why He let us survived. the kidneys transplanted in me gave me a second life.

well, so much for that, Belated Happy Bday nga pala, Noreen :-); may you have more to come so you will see your kids grow.

shydub on December 4, 2009 at 10:57 AM said...

Bata pa ang 32 sis, ako nga mag 33 super duper old na talaga, I smell the putik already sa kagurangan lol. And like you I stopped my birthday at 25 yrs old, and I am feeling 20 all the time, how is that possible?lol

Anyway, I'm glad you survived and given the second chance. That was a scary story. living my family especially my kids behind is my greatest fear. God knows that your kids still needs their pretty mommy.

Belated happy birthday Noreen and may all your wishes come true. take care

tiff k on December 5, 2009 at 10:38 AM said...

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY attee!! So sorry so late ah!!! *hugz* and omg.. grabeng near death yan! what happened dear? Basta what's important is you're fine now with AWESOME kids! Galing naman ni Raye! hehee :D You'll definitely live a long and happy life!! :D

Post a Comment

 

MOMMY♥LUVS Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez